Keeping You Safe
Social distancing and safety measures at our events due in response to COVID-19
Hampton Court Palace Food Festival has been curated to ensure we can deliver a wonderful day out within the parameters of government guidelines.
We want you to have a great day out, enjoying your visit with confidence knowing we have the safety of our visitors, exhibitors and staff at our highest priority.
We plan to operate under the industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure that our events are operating under Covid secure measures. The following precautions will be taken to give you peace of mind:
- Face coverings will be required at all times inside the palace and courtyards, but voluntary elsewhere on the site. This information will be updated if Government or local authority guidelines change.
- Pre-booking is essential, including for HRP members. This ensures we can manage the number of people on site, reduces queuing and contact with staff at the entrance.
- Please observe appropriate social distancing in any queues and around the grounds.
- There will be hand washing facilities and sanitiser stations around the palace and gardens. We also advise you to bring your own.
- Please try not to touch products unless you intend to buy them
- Event staff will be frequently cleaning and disinfecting picnic benches in the gardens.
- Toilet facilities within the courtyards and in the Wilderness will be monitored by an attendant
- Contactless payment will be encouraged (along with contactless ticket scanning)
- Exhibiting companies will be asked to undertake an enhanced risk assessment to ensure they are COVID-19 secure in line with government guidance
- It’s vital that we all follow the guidance outlined in order to protect ourselves and those around us. We ask you to therefore follow the government advice in relation to symptoms and isolation and do not come to an event if you feel at all unwell. Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following symptoms
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
- Anyone in a high-risk category should refer to the Government guidance before deciding to travel
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, we will respectfully ask you to leave
- As any guideline or regulation changes this list will be updated and the most recent details added
How you can help
- Wherever possible, ensure you follow public health guidelines whilst in public
- Practise appropriate social distancing from fellow visitors, exhibitors and staff wherever possible
- Use the hand-sanitiser and/or wash hands regularly throughout your visit
- Please do not visit if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- There will be no cloakroom facilities so we suggest that you avoid bringing large bags or excess oversized carry items as you will be required to keep all your own items on your person
- To ensure we practise appropriate social distancing there may be increased waiting times and queuing throughout various aspects of your visit. We ask you to be as patient as possible
Find out more about the Palace safety measures.
Sign up to our newsletter